Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Three large projects

I've got three long-term projects on the go at the moment.

This one is nearly finished ...
... so you only get a wee glimpse of it before I reveal the final result! Can you guess what it is?

This one is about halfway through ...


... and I will tell you about this one! It is going to be a patchwork skirt in rainbow colours. I'm sure I will look pretty mad in it but I don't care! I love rainbows so much, it will certainly cheer me up to wear it! I have been collecting fabric for over a year now, and cutting it into 10cm squares. Each row is half as long again as the row above, so there is a bit of gentle gathering going on. The final row will contain 168 squares! I am now sewing them all together in their rows on my serger to ensure there are no fraying ends, then the fun of gathering starts! A lot more to do yet before I can reveal the finished skirt.

And this project is yet to start ...

This is my lovely studio. It is warm, it is (fairly) dry ... but it is as yet undecorated (and rather messy in this picture!). My aim is to paint it inside, and add something to the walls (probably some shelving, definitely some artwork!). There is also, at the opposite end of the shed, a lot of boxes that need storing elswhere, and once I manage to get rid of those I can get on with the decorating. I am very lucky to have this space, and really want to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!