Urgh, I have the lurgy. I am feeling distinctly under the weather, so not much crafting going on just now. But here's something I made for a laugh last week - Marilyn Monroe!I made the body by following this pattern, then crocheted the top part of the dress (I found this easier than knitting as I could measure it as I went along), then the skirt I knitted on 3mm needles, starting with 50 sts, then increasing to 100 stitches on the third row. A lot of boring knitting! I finished with four garter stitch rows, to which I then attached some fine wire, in order to make the skirt "blow" up. For the hair, I knit some acrylic DK on 5mm needles, then ironed it as hot as I could to "kill" the acrylic. Then I unwound it and carefully sewed it to her head to make her waved hair. I am quite pleased with the result, but not sure what to do with it now! It might form part of another giveaway in the future.
I also got a nice surprise in the mail this morning - a picture of some knitted cupcakes I made just before Christmas, but forgot to photograph before I sent them off! Thank you very much to My Precious Family Time for the photo.
Cupcakes are great fun to make; I have a cupcake commission coming up and I'm looking forward to it!
I'm now off to nurse my temperature. Gah. I hate being ill!