Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Happy New Year - Da Cat is BACK!!

Well hello again, what a long time it has been since I blogged! New year, new start I think. I will try and keep up this time!
Although I have had a blogging break, I have not been on a craft break - in fact, it's because I have been so ridiculously busy that I haven't had time to write. So I'm sorry for abandoning you all, and I promise I will make it up to you by wafting around that magical word ... GIVEAWAY ... coming soon to a blog near you!

Anyhoo, re the pictures - this was an ordinary pine kitchen chair, which I stripped, sanded, painted with two coats of pale blue, then dry-brush with some off-white, then painted on the cat picture with acrylics, finishing off with a couple of coats of varnish on the top. Am very pleased that I resisted the urge to overwork the fur and am quite happy with the result! (It evens says "Miaou" on the back of the chair!)
I hope you all had a great Christmas and a good start to 2010 - look forward to catching up with what you are all up to in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Great work on the chair! I'm not sure I could bring myself to sit on such a lovely cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogland!! I love how the cat is keeping his eye on everyone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back. Looking forward to more blogging from you in 2010. Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!